9/25/11

Peanut Butter Blondies

Cooking dinner isnt my favorite thing to do. I think it has something to do with my children. They dont like anything! How can children eat the same things over and over and over. One of our children loves spaghetti but the others don't. Another loves steak and only steak. Another..well I haven't quite figured out what she will eat. I guess she likes popcorn and cold cereal. I shouldn't complain, though. I was extremely picky as a child! I gave my mother fits! I am glad I have outgrown that stage and now love to eat a variety of things.
While cooking dinner isnt one of my favorite things to do, I do enjoy..or rather love..baking treats!  Amazingly all of our children like peanut butter treats so I when I found this recipe in the Aug/Sept 2011 Taste of Home I knew I had to try it. Everyone loved them!


Peanut Butter Blondies
2 eggs
3/4 cup packed brown sugar
1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
1/4 cup butter, melted and cooled
3 Tbsp milk
1 cup flour
1 tsp baking powder
1/8 tsp salt
4 peanut butter cups, chopped

Beat eggs and brown sugar for 3 minutes in a large bowl. Add peanut butter, butter and milk; mix well. Combine flour, baking powder and salt; gradually add to sugar mixture, beating just until blended. Stir in the peanut butter cups.
Spread into a greased 8-in square baking dish. Bake at 350 for 23-25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack. Cut into bars.

NOTE: I cooked them for only 18 minutes and they came out perfect.


No comments:

Post a Comment