9/8/11

Chicken & Rice

This is one of my husband's favorite meals, and one of my go-to meals when I need something easy. It is such a simple dish, but is full of flavor.




 I always thought that chicken and rice was a little bland... so I have been looking for a good basic Chicken and Rice recipe. My mother in law gave me her recipe and one day I just kind of played with it and was pleasantly surprised. This is just a basic recipe, you could add veggies to this and it would be great too, but we like it with just chicken and rice.
Enjoy!!


Chicken & Rice

Several Chicken breasts or breast tenders (enough to cover the bottom of a 9X13 dish)
2 Cans Cream of Chicken Soup (sometimes I use one Cream of Chicken and one Cream of Mushroom)
1 C. Rice (Not Instant)
1/4 tsp. Garlic Salt
1/4 tsp. Onion Salt
1 Tbsp. Onion Soup Mix
2 Cans of Liquid (You can use water, but I use 1 1/2 cans of Chicken Broth and 1/2 can of Whipping Cream. It makes it alot creamier)
1/2 C. Shredded Cheddar Cheese (or whatever cheese you have on hand)
Pepper (just a dash and sometimes I will add a dash of Ms. Dash)

In a bowl, mix the soup and the liquid. Add the rice and cheese and stir until well mixed. Add garlic and onion salt and mix well. In a greased roasting pan or baking dish place the chicken on the bottom (I use frozen chicken breast tenders and it works great, I sometimes will season the chicken a little with Ms. Dash and Pepper.) Pour the Rice mixture on top of the chicken. Cover and Bake at 350 for 1 1/2-2 hours or until rice is done.

I usually cook mine for 2 hours with frozen chicken. If you use thawed chicken I would check it around 1 1/2 hours. If you don't have frozen chicken breast tenders then get chicken breasts and chop them into large pieces.

Enjoy!!

No comments:

Post a Comment