7/27/11

Grilled Corn Guacamole

I Love guacamole. I could probably eat guacamole as a main dish, just give me a bowl and some chips and I'm set.

I was on The Pioneer Woman Cooks the other day and came across this recipe. I knew I had to give it a try. Of course it didn't disappoint. The corn gave the guacamole a nice, new taste.

I didn't really follow her measurements, I just looked at her ingredients and then made it. I also didn't make a big of batch as her. The original recipe asked for 6 avocados and 3 ears of corn, that's alot of guacomole. So I cut it down to 2 avocados and 1 ear of corn.
I also added Chicken Bouillion to my guacamole (this is a little secret ingredient my Mom always adds). I added maybe 2 tsp., I didn't measure I just taste test it. :)
With the other ingredients I just cut them up and then added however much I wanted. I added both yellow onion and red onion.
Usually when I make my guacamole I will add a little bit of my Dad's salsa (I'll have to add that recipe on here). It gives it a nice kick. If you have a favorite guacamole recipe then make your usual recipe and add an ear of corn to it.

The final taste: delicious! It was a hit! We had this with fajitas and everyone loved it.

So if you aren't too afraid of Avocados then definitely give this recipe a try.
Enjoy!!


Grilled Corn Guacamole
Adapted from: The Pioneer Woman

1 ear of Corn, Shucked
2 whole Avocados, Diced
1/2 whole Large Tomato, Diced
1/4 cup Onion, Finely Diced
1 clove Garlic, Finely Minced
2 Tablespoons Diced Fresh Jalapeno (you can leave this out if you want, I added just a little bit to ours)
1/2 Lime, Juiced
1/4 teaspoon Kosher Salt
1/4 teaspoon Ground Cumin
1/4 cup Cilantro Leaves
2 tsp. Chicken Bouillion
Grill corn until nice and golden, with good grill marks on the kernels. Allow to cool a bit, then cut the kernels off the cobs. Set aside.
Halve avocados and remove pit. Cut avocado into a dice inside the skin, then scoop out with a spoon.
In a bowl, combine corn kernels, diced avocados, diced tomato, jalapenos, minced garlic, lime juice, salt, cumin and bouillion. Stir gently to combine. Add cilantro and stir in.
Enjoy!!

No comments:

Post a Comment