7/17/11

Cake Mix Rice Krispie Treats

I've seen this recipe on a few blogs and knew I had to give them a try.
I love Rice Krispie treats, but this recipe has a little secret ingredient.


Cake mix!
I never would have thought of adding cake mix, but it was a nice addition. You really can't go wrong with Rice Krispie treats.
I saw a few other blogs add confetti sprinkles...me, I added mini chocolate chips. I'm a choc-O-holic, so I have to give in to my addiction every now and then. :)

I used my favorite Rice Krispie recipe...no not the recipe from those 3 little guys: Snap, Crackle & Pop!
I use the rice krispie recipe found on the bag of the Albertson's marshmallows. The rice krispies that come from this recipe are so soft, chewy & marshmallowy (is that a word?). I use this recipe because the recipe asks for a whole 16 oz. bag of marshmallows, so you will never have those hard, crunch krispie treats when using this recipe.

If you're wondering what you will do with the left-over cake mix, just come back tomorrow and see. I have a great recipe to make with that extra cake mix.
Enjoy!!


Cake Mix Rice Krispie Treats

1/4 C. Butter
1 (16 oz.) bag of Mini Marshmallows
1/4 C. white cake mix
1 tsp. vanilla (this gives it a nice little taste)
6 C. Rice Krispies
Mini Chocolate Chips (optional, but really is shouldn't be) hehe

Grease a 9 X 13 dish and set aside.
In a large pot, melt the butter over low heat. Once melted add the marshmallows and stir constantly until melted. Remove from heat and add the cake mix and vanilla and stir. Add the rice krispies and stir until well coated.
Transfer the mixture into the 9 X 13 dish. Using a buttered spatula or waxed paper, press mixture evenly into the pan.
Cut into 24 squares when cook.

**My sister also had a trick for pressing the rice krispies into the pan without them sticking to your spatula: Dip your spatula into cold water before pressing the mixture. Repeat as needed until all the mixture is even.

No comments:

Post a Comment