6/10/11

Friday Food Finds: Ice Cream

***This was supposed to be posted on Friday, but due to technical difficulties (our internet) I am posting it today, yes 3 days late. Sorry.

I scream, YOU scream, WE all scream for ICE CREAM!!! I really do scream for ice cream, it's kind of a weakness of mine. :) I could eat ice cream for breakfast, lunch, and dinner. I dreamed about ice cream during my second pregnancy. I always, yes always, have ice cream in my freezer, and no matter how much I've eaten there's always room for ice cream. My husband kind of knows about my obsession, and being the wonderful husband he is, bought me the Kitchen Aid ice cream attachment a couple years ago (yep he's pretty amazing). But I actually haven't used it as much as I would like, so I have made a goal to use it this summer.
And what perfect timing...did you know that July is National Ice Cream Month? I had no idea, I think I just found my new favorite month. So, since July is just a few short weeks away I thought it appropriate for this week's Friday Food Finds to focus on ice cream. This is one month long holiday I will be sure to celebrate. Here's a few homemade ice cream recipes to get you started.

Chocolate Peanut Butter Cup Ice Cream from Brown Eyed Baker
I love chocolate ice cream with Peanut Butter cups, I am definitely giving this a try.

Peach Ice Cream from Homesick Texan
I actually made this recipe a few years ago for a family peach ice cream cook-off. No one wanted to hurt anyone's feelings, so a winner was never chosen, haha. But I remember this ice cream was delicious!!

Tin Roof Ice Cream from Brown Eyed Baker

You can't have an ice cream post without posting some Vanilla & Chocolate recipes, so here are some:
Serious Vanilla Ice Cream from Alton Brown of Food Network
This recipe contains no eggs and had rave reviews.
Chocolate Ice Cream from Alton Brown of Food Network
I'm pretty picky about my Chocolate ice cream, I want it chocolatey, but not overpowering chocolatey, and I want it nice and creamy. I love Alton Brown and he's pretty darn good at what he does, so I'll have to give this a try.

Don't have an ice cream maker....no problem. Here are some links that will solve that problem for you.

Easy Homemade Ice Cream Without a Machine from Kevin & Amanda

How to make Homemade Ice Cream without an Ice Cream Maker from Brown Eyed Baker

If you haven't noticed there are quite a few Brown Eyed Baker recipes on here. That's because she has a ton of delicous looking ice cream recipes: Strawberry (this one looks amazing), Chocolate (yum), Rocky Road, Blueberry Cheesecake, and so many more. If you're looking for some yummy ice cream recipes be sure to visit her site: Brown Eyed Baker Ice Cream & Frozen Desserts

And Stay Tuned for these recipes I plan on trying and sharing:
Oreo Cheesecake Ice Cream
(I've actually made this before and it is amazing!)

Double Raspberry Swirl Ice Cream
(my hubby is going to love this one)

Raspberry Truffle Ice Cream
(Raspberry and chocolate chunks, yum)

Banana Split Ice Cream
(Dairy Queen has a Banana Split Blizzard that I love,
so I would like to create something like the blizzard, but we'll see how that goes.)


What's your favorite ice cream flavor? Do you have a yummy homemade ice cream recipe?
I hope you enjoy your summer and some delicious homemade ice cream! :)
Enjoy!!

No comments:

Post a Comment