6/9/11

Chocolate Chip Cookie Fruit Pizza

A few days after I had our newest little baby my sister had a Pampered Chef party. Since my Mom was visiting she decided to go to the party. When she got home I saw her carrying a Ziploc bag with some goodies inside.
I asked her what she had, and being the nice Mother that she is, she told me she had brought home some dessert for me (awww, thanks Mom). I opened the bag to find a slice of this pizza and immediately devoured it.
Oh yes...that Chocolate Chip cookie fruit pizza didin't stand a chance. But since I only got one slice I knew I was going to have to make this soon, so I did. Don't worry...I didn't eat the whole thing myself, I was nice and shared. :)

 It's BBQ season and most likely you'll be invited to a BBQ and asked to bring something, right? Well, here's the perfect recipe for you to take. And believe me everyone will love you.
What's not to love? A huge Chocolate Chip cookie topped with a yummy cream cheese, powdered sugar, white chocolate mixture topped with fruit and to finish it...a chocolate drizzle. Oh My!
And for the 4th of July you could try using strawberries and blueberries for Red, White, and Blue.

The recipe asks for an 18 oz. pkg of refrigerated cookie dough, but I just used my sister's cookie recipe (included below) and measured 18 oz. (yep, used my scale). Or you could just split the dough in half and use the rest for yummy chocolate chip cookies and eat them all yourself. Well...I shared a few, and I might have eaten a few for breakfast.
OK back to the pizza...go to the store and buy what you need then get home and make this. Got it? Good, then I'm done. Enjoy!!



 
Chocolate Chip Cookie Fruit Pizza
From: The Pampered Chef 'All the Best' cookbook

Prep Time: 30 min.          Bake Time: 12-15 min.
Cool Time: 1 Hr.             Chill Time: 30 min.

1 pkg. (18 oz.) refrigerated chocolate chip cookie dough or 18 oz. of homemade cookie dough
2 squares (1 oz. each) white chocolate for baking or 2 oz. white choc. chips
2 tbsp. Milk
1 pkg. (8 oz.) cream cheese, softened
1/4 C. powdered sugar
1 C. thawed, Cool-Whip
12-16 strawberries, cut in half
1 can (11 oz.) mandarin orange segments, well drained
1/4 C. semi-sweet chocolate chips
1 tsp. vegetable oil

1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Shape cookie dough into a ball and place in center of a baking stone or a large cookie sheet (if using a cookie sheet, spray with Pam or line with parchment paper). Roll dough to a 12-in circle, about 1/4 inch thick. Bake 12-15 minutes or until edges are set. (Cookie will be soft. Do not overbake.)
Remove from oven and cool for 10 minutes. Carefully loosen cookie from baking stone using a serrated knife; cool completely on baking stone or cookie sheet.
2. Place white chocolate and milk in a small microwave safe bowl. Microwave on HIGH for 1 minute; stir until chocolate is melted and mixture is smooth. Microwave an additional 10-20 seconds if necessary. Cool slightly.
In another bowl combine cream cheese and powdered sugar; mix well. Gradually stir in white chocolate mixture and mix until smooth. Fold in whipped topping. Spread cream cheese mixture evenly over cooled cookie.
3. Arrange strawberries and mandarin oranges over cream cheese mixture.
Place chocolate chips and vegetable oil in a small microwave safe bowl and microwave on HIGH for 30 seconds or until chocolate is melted and smooth. Drizzle over fruit. Refrigerate at least 30 minutes.
Cut into wedges and serve.
Yield: 16 servings.

Enjoy!!

No comments:

Post a Comment