5/24/11

Chocolate Chip Cookies

Here is another weakness for me....Chocolate Chip Cookies!
I have actually been searching for a good Chocolate Chip cookie recipe, but couldn't find one. Then one day Josh's cousin brought us some chocolate chip cookies. They were big and chewy and DELICIOUS! He had been over at our neighbor's house cooking cookies with their daughter.
After that first bite I was hooked....I HAD to get the recipe.

 So after bugging and nagging and annoying our poor neighbor for the recipe, I finally got it! (OK I really didn't bother her too much)

My Mom was just up here visiting and I introduced her to this cookie recipe. We ended up making probably 4 batches of these cookies. I no longer have any butter in my house because of these cookies! haha
A grocery store run is much needed :).
I have one more cookie left from my last batch, but luckily I have some dough already made sitting in my fridge just waiting to be baked.

Just a little bit of info. about these cookies.
*I mix my butter and sugars first and beat them for a few minutes (until the mixture is a whiteish color). Then I add the vanilla and water. Last come the eggs, which I add one at a time beating well after each one.
*For this recipe you add 2 1/2 C. flour and then you add some more flour (usually about 1/2 C. more) to make a firm dough. My last batch I decided to measure the amount of flour I used. It ended up totalling: 11.25 oz. (9 oz. + 2.25 oz.)
*I add about 1 1/2-1 3/4 C. of Chocolate Chips. The recipe asks for 1 1/2 pkgs. This just depends on what you like.
*I use a heaping medium cookie scoop (= heaping 1 tbsp.) for these cookies. You want a bigger sized cookie.
*My cookies usually bake for about 10 minutes.

I am going to continue making these cookies and experiment with the amount of flour. Once I have perfected the amount of flour I will update the recipe with the flour measured in cups and oz.

Do you have a kitchen scale??
My wonderful hubby bought me a kitchen scale 2 Christmases ago and I absolutely LOVE it!! If you don't have one I highly suggest you get one.

(please excuse the flour...I probably should have cleaned it a little better before taking a pic.)
I think mine came from Kmart. Nothing fancy, but I love it.

I told my Mom about my scale and she told me she didn't know what she would use one for. We decided to give her one for Christmas and she now knows what I was talking about when I told her she needed one.
Seriously...Go get a scale!

Yep...that was my last cookie (notice 'was').
Looks like I need to bake some more.

Alright, so there you go, a new Chocolate Chip cookie recipe to try. And believe me you'll be making them often. Thanks Ashley for the yummy recipe!!


Ashley's Chocolate Chip Cookies

Combine:
1 C. Butter
¾ C. Sugar
¾ C. Brown Sugar
1 tsp. Vanilla
1 tsp. Water
2 Eggs

Mix well, then add:
2 ½ C. All-purpose Flour
1 tsp. Salt
1 tsp. Baking Soda

Mix until combined and then add extra flour to make a firm dough (usually another ½ C.)
Add 1 ½ packages of Chocolate Chips (you can do as much or as little as you want).

Bake at 375 degrees for 9-11 minutes.

**Peanut Butter chips are delicious in these cookies as well as a Butterscotch/Chocolate Chip mixture.

Enjoy!!

No comments:

Post a Comment