4/13/11

To Die For Blueberry Muffins

I love blueberry muffins! I love them as breakfast or an afternoon snack. I especially love blueberry muffins from scratch. You know, the ones with big fresh blueberries. YUM!!
Last week I tried a new recipe for blueberry muffins and my family loved them. So, I had to share it with all of you. The original recipe makes big muffins, but I made just normal-sized muffins. I know I'm no fun. :)

Thes muffins were so yummy. And to make them even better they're topped with a cinnamon-sugar streusel type topping.
You have got to give these a try. Yes, cereal is so much easier, but seriously...STEP AWAY from the cereal...now! These didn't take long at all to mix up and before you know it you are enjoying a delicious blueberry muffin breakfast.
OK, all together now "I am making these muffins tomorrow!" Thank you. I think my job here is done. Enjoy!!

Click Here for a printable version of this recipe.

To Die For Blueberry Muffins

1 1/2 C. All-purpose Flour
3/4 C. White sugar
1/2 tsp. Salt
2 tsp. Baking Powder
1/3 C. Vegetable Oil
1 Egg
1/3 C. Milk
1 C. Fresh Blueberries

Topping: (I had quite a bit left over, I will probably half this next time)
1/2 C. White Sugar (some reviews used brown sugar)
1/3 C. All-puprose Flour
1/4 C. Butter, cubed, softened
1 1/2 tsp. Ground Cinnamon

Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Grease muffin tin or line with muffin liners.
Combine flour, sugar, salt and baking powder. Place vegetable oil into a 1 cup measuring cup; add the egg and enough milk to fill the cup (to make 1 cup). Mix this with the flour mixture (Don't overmix, just mix until combined). Then fold in blueberries.
Fill muffin cups right to the top, and sprinkle with crumb topping mixture.

To make Crumb Topping: mix together sugar, flour, butter and cinnamon. Mix with fork, and sprinkle over muffins before baking.

For Large Muffins: bake 20-25 minutes; makes 8 muffins
For Regular Muffins: bake 18-20 minutes; makes 12 muffins

No comments:

Post a Comment