4/1/11

Friday Food Finds

If you're wondering why there has been a lack of recipes around here, I think I have a pretty good excuse. Let's begin my sad, sad story...haha. About 4-5 weeks ago I got a head cold. Nothing serious, right?? WRONG!! I don't know what kind of cold this is that's going around, but it is a pain! I had a fever, cough, stuffy nose, congestion, all that good stuff. And to make matters worse, I couldn't smell or taste anything...and I mean anything!.
Anyway, I'm finally feeling better, but I still can't taste/smell that great. So, what does that have to do with recipes you ask...Well, I've tried some new recipes, but since I can't really taste I don't know how much I really liked them. :) And I'm not going to post something that I don't love, so there you go, my excuse.

But today's post isn't all sad news (okay, maybe my story wasn't that sad, but you could at least feel a little sorry for me :) hehe. I've decided to do something new here on our little blog, I'm calling it:

'Friday Food Finds'
So what exactly is 'Friday Food Finds'? Every Friday I am going to share with all of you some of the 'Food Finds' I have come across. I am always on the 'hunt' for new yummy recipes. Honestly, I think I'd rather be looking through a food blog than spending time on Facebook or checking my email. Yes, I know...I'm such a nerd.
I already have a huge 'to try' list of recipes, but that doesn't stop me from looking for more. :)

Alright, so here is today's Friday Food Finds!

Oh my!! That is all I can say! I've been talking with my kids about cooking s'more when all the snow is gone. Then I saw this. Now I don't have to wait for nicer weather. :) I am definitely going to have to give these a try. I will probably try some with marshmallows inside also.


(Picture from The Pioneer Woman)
I seriously want these things right now! Yummy! I love reading Ree's recipe posts. Not only does her food look so delicious, she writes some of the funniest stuff.


3. Country Buttermilk Bisquits from: That's Some Good Cookin'
Move over Pillsbury Dough Boy!!! These look amazing! I am so all over these babies (and Shannon I know you are too). This recipe comes from Terri's (of That's Some Good Cookin')
 daughter who is going to Culinary school. She shares a step by step tutorial on making these amazing biscuits and she even explains some of the 'science' behind cooking these biscuits.
You have got to click on the link RIGHT NOW and go take a look at these biscuits. And I'm serious about the 'right now'. :)

OK. So there are 3 recipes for today's 'Friday Food Finds'. I am going to try really really hard to do this every Friday. Hope you enjoy!! And let me know if you try any of these recipes soon.

Enjoy!!

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the super nice words and for spotlighting my biscuit tutorial!

    ReplyDelete