3/15/11

Angel Food Cake with Pineapple Whip

Today I am sharing a delicious dessert that I found on a food blog that I read often. It's the perfect spring/summer time dessert. And right now, as I look out our window (at the snow, blah) I am in need of some 'Spring' in my life. :)
I am so ready for the snow to be gone and for the weather to warm up. But until then I'll just eat this cake, close my eyes and imagine that it's Spring outside. haha

You cannot look at this picture and not tell me that it looks delicious! But not only does it look delicious it TASTES delicious too!

This recipe comes from Favorite Family Recipes, a great food blog that you should really take a look at. I was over there the other day looking through all their yummy recipes and came across this one. As soon as I saw it, I knew I had to make it. So I added it to our menu and made plans to make it.

I made this on Sunday and everyone loved it! Even my cake hating husband like this cake, so that should say enough right there. The pineapple whip with the angel food cake was amazing and topped with fruit is even yummier!
I was going to serve it with strawberries only and then remembered that someone just gave us some kiwi. I'm glad they did, because the kiwi and strawberry were a great combo for this cake.

Alright, I've said enough. You need to get baking and try this cake, seriously!!
Enjoy!!



Angel Food Cake with Pineapple Whip

1 box angel food cake, prepared in bundt pan (Boxed or from Scratch- I was lazy & used a cake mix)
1 pint heavy whipping cream
1 tsp. vanilla
2 Tbsp. powdered sugar
1 (15oz) can crushed pineapple
1 small box vanilla pudding mix
strawberries, sliced (or any other fruit you like)

Prepare angel food cake.
While cake is baking, whip heavy cream with electric mixer until peaks form. Add vanilla and sugar, and set aside.
In a separate bowl, combine crushed pineapple with pudding powder and stir well. Combine pineapple mixture with whipped cream using a large spoon or spatula until well mixed.
You can either frost the entire cake with the pineapple whip or serve on individual plates, topping with the whip. Either way is great. Top with sliced strawberries or any other fresh fruit.

No comments:

Post a Comment