2/8/11

Easy Chicken & Cheese Enchiladas

I think enchilada recipes are alot like Cookie recipes for me, if I see a recipe I haven't had I have to try it. It doesn't matter how many enchilada recipes I have or if I have a favorite one. Anyone else have this problem???
I happened to see this recipe on the back of a can of Campbell's Cream of Chicken Soup. It looked good, so I ripped off the label and decided I'd give it a try.
We had this last night for dinner and our 'rating' was: We liked it!

These enchiladas were super easy to make and were good.
Just some things I did: I seasoned my chicken (like always) and next time I make this I will probably shred my chicken. I cubed the chicken last night, but I think I'd like it better with shredded chicken. I also sprinkled extra cheese on top of the enchiladas.
I may try adding onions or green chiles next time also or just add a little more salsa. You could even add rice or black beans to the enchilada filling, yum!
One review on the Campbell's website even said that they tried it with leftover Taco meat.

Overall, a good, easy recipe that will be sure to please the family.
Give this a try and see what you think?



Easy Chicken & Cheese Enchiladas
1 can (10 3/4 ounces) Campbell's® Condensed Cream of Chicken Soup (Regular or 98% Fat Free)
1/2 cup sour cream
1 cup Pace® Picante Sauce
2 teaspoons chili powder
2 cups chopped cooked chicken
1/2 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese (you could even use Cheddar, Mexican Style Cheese, etc.)
6 flour tortillas (6-inch), warmed
1 small tomato, chopped (about 1/2 cup)
1 green onion, sliced (about 2 tablespoons)

1.Heat the oven to 350°F. Stir the soup, sour cream, picante sauce and chili powder in a medium bowl.
2.Stir 1 cup soup mixture, chicken and cheese in a large bowl.
3.Divide the chicken mixture among the tortillas. Roll up the tortillas and place seam-side up in a 2-quart shallow baking dish. Pour the remaining soup mixture over the filled tortillas. Cover the baking dish.
4.Bake for 40 minutes or until the enchiladas are hot and bubbling. Top with the tomato and onion.

RECIPE TIPS
•Ingredient Note: Stir 1/2 cup canned black beans, drained and rinsed, into the chicken mixture before filling the tortillas, if desired.

No comments:

Post a Comment