2/12/11

Candy Crunch Pudding Parfait

Since Valentine's Day is only 2 days away I thought I'd better get on the ball and post some Valentine's treats.
 So I was thinking the other night of something I could make that I could post on here, and then the thought came to me, What about a Pudding parfait? I've seen tons of cookies, brownies, chocolates, but nothing about pudding. So I went to work...
A few weeks ago I was at my Sister's house and she had made this amazing pudding. I asked her what she did and she said that she just followed some directions for a different dessert on the side of the box. 
She should have said 'I'm just that good of a cook'. haha
The recipe that she saw was for 'Candy Crunch Pudding Pie'. 

So, with a little (or alot) of help from my Sister and a little thinking from myself I came up with the 'Candy Crunch Pudding Parfait'.
  
First you start with a layer of that delicious Candy Crunch Pudding. Then add a layer of crushed Graham Crackers. Next a cream cheese/Cool Whip layer. Repeat by adding another pudding and graham cracker layer and top it off with Cool Whip. Mmmm....you can't go wrong with that.
I even had some left over strawberries that I ate along with this....delicous!! You could definitely add a layer of those while your at it.
So if you're looking for a chocolatey treat to serve on Valentine's day or just for a delicious little snack, try this Parfait. It's pretty rich, but it is so good.
Enjoy!!

Crunch Candy Pudding Parfait

Pudding:
1 Large Pkg. Chocolate Pudding Mix (or 2 small pkgs.)
2 C. Cold Milk
4 oz. Cool Whip, thawed
2 (1.4 oz.) milk chocolate English Toffee Candy bar, chopped, divided

Cream Cheese Layer
4 oz. Cream Cheese, softened
1/2 C. Confetioner's Sugar
6 oz. Cool Whip, thawed

Graham Cracker Layer
5-8 Graham Crackers, crushed (the rectangle kind that you can split into 4 pieces)

Topping
Cool Whip
Graham Cracker Crumbs
Toffee Candy Bar Crumbs

In a small bowl mix together the cream cheese, sugar, and Cool Whip and set aside.
In a medium bowl beat the pudding mix and milk with a whisk for 2 min. Stir in the Cool Whip and all but 3 Tbsp. candy.
In 4-5 small glasses layer your parfaits in this order:
-Pudding
-Graham Cracker Crumbs
-Cream Cheese
-Pudding
-Graham Cracker Crumbs

Top your parfait with Cool-Whip. Then sprinkle some left over Graham Cracker Crumbs and Candy crumbs. You could even top it with a chocolate heart or some strawberries.

No comments:

Post a Comment