1/31/11

Peanut Butter Cereal Crisps

My friend, Jessica, gave me this recipe months ago. I was addicted as soon as I tried these little treats.
I have been wanting to post this recipe, but sadly I lost the recipe :(
(not a big deal I could've just called her up and asked for the recipe, but hey I'm going for dramatic here).
Jessica actually started her own food blog,
A Country Girls Livin',
and a few days ago I saw her yummy Peanut Butter Cereal Crisps on her blog and I shouted for joy!!! OK, I really didn't shout, but I was pretty happy.
So today, not only am I going to run to the grocery store and buy some Cornflakes so I can make these yummy treats, but being the nice person I am, I'm going to share the recipe with all of you to try.


These treats only have 4 ingredients which is really nice for a quick and delicious treat. And if you're a Peanut Butter lover then you'll definitely love these. Give them a try, they will not disappoint!
Enjoy!!

Peanut Butter Cereal Crisps
From Jessica of A Country Girls Livin'

1 cup Karo (light corn syrup)
3/4 cup sugar
1 cup peanut butter
6 cups cereal

Place a piece of waxed paper onto the counter or cookie sheet, set aside. Place the cereal into a large mixing bowl, set aside.
In a medium saucepan stir together the Karo, sugar, and peanut butter cooking over medium heat. Bring to a boil then remove from the heat. Immediately pout over the cereal and stir, stir, stir until coated well. Pour onto waxed paper, spread out with a wooded spoon. Allow the crisps to cool completely. Tear off chunks to serve. Enjoy!
You may also pour the coated cereal into a well greased 9 x 13 glass cake pan. Pressing down to to compact. Cool completely and cut into bars.

1 comment:

  1. Yummy! And your picture turned out so much better than mine! You are such a good photographer! These yummy treats must have been calling to everyone! My Mom came over the day when I made these and almost got tears in her eyes! She was so ecited, she ate almost my whole batch!

    ReplyDelete