1/7/11

Monster Cookies (#2)

I found these while I was looking for Christmas Cookies, you know when I was supposed to do my '12 days of treats', yah these were supposed to be part of that. :)
The actual recipe name is Holiday Monster Cookies, but the only thing that makes them a Holiday cookie is the Christmas M&M's. So....you don't really have to wait until the Holidays to make these, but I probably wouldn't have waited anyway.

Do you see my new baking mat? My Mom bought it for me for my birthday. Thank you Mom!! I love it!

 The original recipe says it only makes 20 cookies. I have no idea how you could only get 20 cookies out of this recipe, unless they are seriously ENORMOUS cookies. When I made these yesterday I used my medium cookie scoop (not quite filled to the top, just below and packed) and it made about 4-5 dozen!
But I'm not complaining....that just means all the more for me to eat. :)
These were really delicious cookies


I've posted a recipe for Monster Cookies before, but this one had a few changes, so I had to give it a try. This recipe doesn't use Karo Syrup like the other recipe I have, and it also asks for coconut, yum!
 Either of the two Monster Cookie recipes are equally delicious, give them a try and see which one you like.
If you're looking for a delicious cookie to try with lots of yummy ingredients, then you've got to give these cookies a try.

Monster Cookies
from: tastykitchen.com

1/2 C. Butter, softened
1 C. Sugar
1-1/4 C. packed Brown Sugar
3 whole Large Eggs
1 tsp. Vanilla Extract
2 tsp. Baking Soda
1-1/4 C. Creamy Peanut Butter
4-1/2 C. Old Fashioned Rolled Oats
1/2 C. Sweetened, Flaked Coconut
1/2 C. Chocolate Chips
1 C. M&M's + some extra for the tops of the cookies

Preheat your oven to 325 degrees F.
Mix the ingredients together in the order listed. Drop by rounded tablespoon or use a medium scoop onto a parchement-lined baking sheet. Flatten slightly with a fork and press a few of the reserved M&M's into the top of the cookies.
Bake for 10-12 minutes, until barely golden brown around the edges.
These cookies are best slightly under-done, so err on the side of taking them out too soon rather than letting them get overdone.
-I cooked mine for about 10-11 minutes and they were chewy and delicious.

No comments:

Post a Comment