1/25/11

Chicken Tomato Alfredo Pasta

Finally, a new recipe for me to share! I actually have a few I need to share I just haven't gotten around to posting them yet, but I will try to post them soon.
I've tried quite a few recipes lately, but I haven't loved them, so I'm not going to post them on here. But we had this last night and it was delicious, so I had to share it with all of you. It is Chicken Tomato Alfredo from a little blog that I found named Food Brings Families Together. She actually had a few yummy looking recipes that are on my 'To Make' list. But here is one that we tried and liked.

This is the only picture I got to take, my battery died.

You start off by cooking your chicken, onion, and garlic. Then you use an Alfredo sauce mix and add cream and diced tomatoes to make a creamy sauce. Then you add basil and parsley and parmesan and a few other seasonings.
Now you normally would serve this with Fettuccini, but I used Penne. And it was great! I only used one large chicken breast, but the recipe asked for 2. The recipe also asked for mushrooms, but I took a suggestion from Jessie (from Food Brings Families Together) and added 2 cans of diced tomatoes and just left out the mushrooms since I didn't have any. Oh, I also used a little less than 1 lb. of pasta, I like my pasta to be saucy. :)
If you don't have a packet of Alfredo Mix, but you have jarred Alfredo sauce I'm sure you could use that. I would probably use about 1- 1 1/2C. and add a little cream.

This is such an easy meal especially since you probably have almost everything in your pantry. So give it a try, it will not disappoint.
Enjoy!!
Click Here for a printable version of this recipe.


Chicken Tomato Alfredo
From: foodbringsfamiliestogether.blogspot.com

1/4 cup butter
1/4 cup olive oil
2 chicken breasts, cubed
1 regular onion, diced
2 tsp. minced garlic
1 cup whipping cream
1 package Alfredo sauce mix
12 oz. Fresh slice mushrooms(optional-sometimes I use them sometimes I add double the tomatoes instead)
1(15oz) can diced tomatoes(if I don't use mushrooms I use two cans tomatoes)
1 1/2 tsp. salt
1 tsp. pepper
1/4 cup chopped parsley or 2 T. dried
2 T. dried basil
1 lb. fettuccini or any pasta you like, cooked
1/2 cup parmesan cheese

Heat the oil and the butter in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the chicken, onion, and garlic and cook until chicken is no longer pink. While the chicken is cooking, whisk the cream and Alfredo sauce mix together in a small bowl. When chicken is cooked pour the cream sauce mixture into the skillet with chicken. Add the mushrooms, tomatoes and salt and pepper. Bring to a boil over high heat while stirring. Reduce the heat and simmer about 10 minutes or until sauce thickens. Stir in Parsley and basil. Remove from heat and toss the sauce with cooked pasta and parmesan cheese.

2 comments: