11/16/10

Breakfast Pizza

I am always looking for quick and easy breakfast ideas. I'm sorry, but I can handle cereal only so many days a week. :) Quick and easy is really important for me because I really like my bed, so I never want to get up early to make a big breakfast. I know, I'm a lazy bum. But sooner than later my kids are going to be off to school and I'll have no choice....I'll have to wake up early, so don't judge me, please. :)
Back to the recipe. I was looking through some of my cookbooks this last week and came across this yummy recipe. I had all the ingredients in my fridge, so we made it for breakfast on Sunday.

I made a few adjustments and it turned out delicious. The original recipe only used 4 eggs, I added 2 more and I thought it turned out great.
The recipe also asked for Crescent roll dough (you know the one with the perforated edges). This took longer because you had to sit there and pinch all the little edges together. I would definitely use the Crescent roll dough that is available now that doesn't have the perforated edges.

Some additions that you could try for this recipe: onions, ham, sausage, bell peppers. Any of these would be great in this breakfast pizza.

And there you go, another quick and delicious Breakfast idea. Give it a try and let me know what you think. Enjoy!!

I'm losing my mind, my friend just told me I forgot to put directions how to make this dish. Sorry, here is how you make this breakfast pizza.

Breakfast Pizza
From: Taste of Home Treasury of Christmas Recipes

1 tube (8 oz.) refrigerated Crescent Roll dough
12 Bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
1 C. frozen shredded Has Browns
3/4 C. shredded Cheddar Cheese
6 eggs
3 Tbsp. Milk
1/2 C. grated Parmesan Cheese or Romano Cheese

Unroll crescen roll dough into one long rectangle.
Press onto bottom and 1/2 in. up sides of a greased 9X13 in. baking dish. Seal seams and perforations.
Sprinkle with bacon, potatoes and cheddar.
In a bowl, beat the eggs and milk. Pour over the cheddar cheese. Sprinkle with Parmesan.
Bake, uncovered, at 375 degrees for 25-30 minutes or until eggs are set.

Yield: 8 Servings

1 comment:

  1. Hey why do my comments never show up on your posts? SO I asked before how you exactly make this....bake time, etc? You never actually put how to make it....HAHA! And I'm going to make this when we have company.....so please give me the secret to this yummy looking breakfast!

    ReplyDelete