10/10/10

Country Apple Dumplings

I was in a 'Fall' mood the other day and wanted to make a new fall treat. So I searched on Allrecipes and found this Apple Dumpling recipe.
When I read the recipe I wondered if it was really going to be as good as all the reviews said. I made it today for dessert and all I have to say is, YUM!!!
These dumplings are so easy to put together, and they taste delicious....especially with vanilla ice cream

 When I made these I was worried that the butter,cinnamon,sugar, Mt. Dew mixture was going to be too much, but it cooked down and turned into a wonderful sauce. (You'll see what I mean when you make these, I thought these were going to turn into a soggy mess).


And there they are. Oh baby, come to Mama!! hahaha I think I'm going to go have another one as soon as I'm done with this post. :)
Alright, enough talking, now it's time for some cookin'. I hope you try these dumplings....soon.  Enjoy!


Country Apple Dumplings
from: Allrecipes.com

2 Large Granny Smith apples, peeled and cored
2 (10 oz.) cans refrigerated crescent roll dough
1 Cup Butter
1 1/2 Cups White Sugar
1 tsp. Ground Cinnamon
1 (12 oz.) can or bottle Mountain Dew

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease a 9X13 in. baking dish.
Cut each apple into 8 wedges and set aside. Seperate the crescent roll dough into triangles.
Roll each apple wedge in crescent roll dough starting at the smallest end. Pinch to seal and
place in the baking dish.
Melt butter in a small saucepan (or in the microwave using a microwave safe bowl) and then
stir in the cinnamon and sugar. Pour over the apple dumplings. Then pour the Mountain Dew over
the dumplings.
Bake for 30-45 minutes, or until golden brown. (Mine only took 25 minutes, so keep an eye
on them when making these.)

**I also saw a recipe where they added 1 tsp. vanilla to the butter. And instead of adding the cinnamon into the butter, sprinkle it on top of the dumplings after the Mountain Dew.

3 comments:

  1. I just saw a very similar recipe on Pioneer Woman and knew I had to make some soon. Yum!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have a very similar recipe that I have made for the past several years. Although, I make mine with sprite and not mountain dew. I havent noticed any difference in taste or texture but my kids do not need any caffeine! They have enough energy as it is!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lindsay, it's yummy. I saw the Pioneer Woman's recipe also that's where I saw that she adds vanilla, I'll have to try that next time.

    Shannon, I wondered if I could make it with Sprite, I'll do that instead next time.

    ReplyDelete