10/12/10

Banana Pancakes

Every November we head down to Vegas for a week for a convention that my husband attends. While we're there we get to visit with our good friends, Adam & Lindsay. One year while we were there we all went out to breakfast to The Pancake House.
As I was reading the menu I saw 'Banana Pancakes' and had to try them. I don't know where my obsession with banana pancakes started maybe it was after hearing Jack Johnson's song 'Banana Pancakes'. All  I know is that I really wanted to try some Banana Pancakes. :)
I'm so glad I ordered them, they were delicious! Pancakes with big chunks of banana, mmmm....you can't go wrong with that (well, unless you don't like bananas, like my hubby).
So, ever since I had those bananas I have been craving them. I kept thinking about them, wanting to try making them, but never actually tried.....until a few weeks ago.


Josh was gone camping and I was craving Banana Pancakes, so the next morning the kids and I made these for breakfast. Soooo good. I do have to say, I'm sorry to any of you who don't like bananas, you are really missing out! :) But if you like bananas you have got to try these. Enjoy!!


Banana Pancakes
original recipe found here

2 large Eggs
2 C. Buttermilk
6 tbsp. Butter, melted (unsalted)
1 1/2 C. Flour
1/4 C. Sugar
1 tsp. Baking Soda
1tsp. Baking Powder
1/2 tsp. Salt
1 C. Diced Bananas (2 large bananas)
1/4 C. finely chopped pecans (optional)

In a medium bowl, whisk together the eggs, buttermilk, and butter.
In a small bowl, mix together the flour, sugar, baking soda, and the salt.
Then add the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients, stirring until just combined. There may be a few lumps, but don't worry. Then stir in the bananas and nuts (optional)
Lightly grease a large skillet. Heat until hot and then spoon 3 tbsp of batter per pancake. Cook until the tops look dull and a few bubbles pop. Turn over and cook for another minute.

Tip: These freeze well and make a great 'instant' breakfast. Place pancakes in groups of 3 in idividual freezer bags. Just reheat in your toaster oven or microwave.

1 comment:

  1. Wow! I have never heard of banana pancakes before! They look and sound wonderful! I will have to give them a try! ...I can't believe Josh doesn't like banana's, what a weirdo :)Thanks for sharing!!!

    ReplyDelete