9/7/10

Tropical Fruit Dip

Yes, another fruit dip. I made this along with the apple dip for a party we went to, so I decided I would post both of them on here.
This fruit dip is delicious! And it goes well with pretty much any fruit. For the party that we went to I made fruit kabobs and then had the dip in a bowl. But if you don't want to make kabobs just pile up different kinds of fruit onto a platter and place the dip on the side. This is such an easy and delicious dessert you have to try!


The original recipe came from Food Network (Paula Deen). The recipe, from Paula, asks for a fresh pineapple that you later use as the bowl for the dip. It looked really pretty, but I haven't tried the pineapple bowl, maybe next time.  Be sure to not to leave out the Lemon and Pineapple juice, it adds a really nice taste to the dip.

So there is my other fruit dip. You've gotta try it, and let me know what you think.
Enjoy!!

Tropical Fruit Dip
Adapted from: Food Network

1 (8 oz.) Cream Cheese, softened
1 C. Powdered Sugar
1 C. Cool Whip (I think I added just a little bit extra)
Lemon Juice
Pineapple Juice (I just added some juice, but don't add too much so that it's runny.)

Soften the cream cheese and then whip with the powdered sugar. Next, add the cool-whip and continue to beat until smooth. Add the lemon and pineapple juice and mix well (add just enough juice to achieve desired consistency). Transfer the dip to a bowl.
Serve on a platter with Grapes, Pineapple Bits, Strawberries, and Apples. Enjoy!!

No comments:

Post a Comment