9/8/10

Creamy Pesto & Chicken Pasta

0When Josh and I were first married, I wasn't much of a cook. I was always looking for new things to try that were easy enough for a Beginner cook like me. Somewhere I found a recipe similar to this, so we made it and liked it. But I ended up losing the recipe and had to re-create it. Through the years we have made it and it has become one of Josh's favorites. So, here it is....




If you like pesto you definitely have to try this, and the good thing about it is, it's a very quick and easy meal to prepare. So there you go...hope you like it!


Creamy Pesto & Chicken Pasta

6 oz. Farfalle (bowtie) pasta
1 lb. Chicken, cubed
1 pkg. pesto mix or 2 tbsp. of pre-made pesto
1 Can Cream of Chicken
1/2 C. Half and Half or Heavy Cream
Parmesan or Romano Cheese

Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Cook your pasta according to directions.
In a skillet cook your chicken until juices run clear (I usually season my chicken a little, but that is optional. I use a little Ms. Dash and pepper). Once the chicken is cooked transfer to a plate.
In the same skillet prepare the pesto, or if you're using pre-made pesto add it to the skillet. Then add the cream of chicken and mix well. Simmer until it's warm. Then add the cream and  the chicken. Stir and simmer until heated through.
When the pasta is done drain and add it to the sauce. Toss and sprinkle with freshly grated Parmesan or Romano cheese. Enjoy!!

No comments:

Post a Comment