8/10/10

My Weakness!!

Molten Chocolate Cake & Chili's Chocolate Chip Paradise Pie

A few weeks ago my cousin Amber came to visit. I decided to have a Girl's Night In. We went out to dinner and then came back to my house for dessert and games. We had alot of fun talking, laughing & of course eating.
I have to confess...I LOVE chocolate! It is truly my weakness. I don't think there is anything chocolate that I don't like. So, when I decided to make desserts for our 'Girl's Night In' I knew I wanted something chocolatey. I remember my Mom telling me about a recipe she had for Molten Lava cake, but unfortunately she was hiking in the Colorado Mountains so I wasn't able to call her. So I searched the internet and found my recipe.

I don't know about anyone else, but I thought this was delicious! Exactly what a Chocoholic is looking for to get her fix. I have been craving this little cake ever since I made them that night. I haven't made these because I know my Husband won't eat them, so you know who will end up eating the whole batch...that's righ, me. Enough with the talking...get in the kitchen and make these. If you are a chocoholic like me, you will be glad you did.

Molten Chocolate Cake

4 pieces (squares) Semi-sweet Baking Chocolate
½ cups Butter
1 cup Powdered Sugar
2 whole Eggs
2 whole Egg Yolks
6 Tablespoons Flour
*2 cups Real Whipping Cream (seriously It's So Much Better!)
*2 Tablespoons Sugar
*(I decided to just use canned Whipped Cream)

Preheat oven to 425 degrees.

Spray 4 custard cups with Pam and place on a cookie sheet.
Microwave chocolate and butter in large bowl on high for about 1 minute, until butter is melted. whisk until
chocolate is also melted.
Stir in sugar until well blended. Whisk in eggs and egg yolks. Stir in flour.
Divide between cups.
Bake 13-14 minutes until sides are firm and center is soft. (Do Not overcook, or else you won't get the gooey center)
Let stand 1 minute.
Combine sugar and heavy cream and whip until stiff.
Invert cakes on dishes and top with whipped cream.


  Chili's Chocolate Chip Paradise Pie
For our other dessert that night, I decided to make this yummy dessert.
 
What's better than a Chocolate Chip Blondie with ice cream drizzled with chocolate and caramel? Nothing! And to make it even better add some whipped cream and walnuts on top. Mmm....now I'm hungry for some dessert. Maybe it's time for another 'Girl's Night In' so I have an excuse to make these again.
You've got to try these, you won't be disappointed!


Chili's Chocolate Chip Paradise Pie

1 1/2 cup butter, melted
3 cups firmly packed brown sugar
6 eggs
3 tsp. vanilla
3 cups flour
1 tsp. baking powder
1 cup chopped walnuts
1 cup coconut
2 cups milk chocolate chips
Caramel sauce
Hot fudge sauce
More chopped walnuts (optional, I only had enough to make the pie but more to go on top would have been fabulous)

Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Grease a jelly roll pan (this is the bakers half sheet size - it’s like 11 1/2 inch x 16 1/2 x 1 or you could use 2 9×13 inch pans. The pie may be a little thicker and may take a little longer to cook).
In a large bowl, combine sugar and melted butter; beat with electric mixer. Add eggs, one at a time, and vanilla; mix well.
Combine flour and baking powder in a separate bowl. Add to the sugar mixture; mix well.
Stir in nuts, coconut, and chocolate chips. Pour batter into prepared pan.
Bake 40+ minutes until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
Serve warm, or reheat individual servings in the microwave (10 seconds for a serving). Top with ice cream drizzled with caramel sauce and hot fudge sauce then sprinkled with chopped walnuts . Or just eat them like a brownie or bar cookie. They are also excellent that way too.
Makes 24.

2 comments:

  1. I'm so glad you posted this because I was just about to text you for the recipe!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll make this again if you come Labor Day. I have been wanting to make it again!

    ReplyDelete