1/2 cup butter
1/2 cup baking cocoa
1 cup sugar
1 tsp vanilla
1/2 cup flour
1/4 tsp salt
1/2 cup chopped nuts (opt)
1. Preheat oven to 350. Grease an 8x8-inch pan.
2. In a medium saucepan, melt butter.
3. Remove melted butter from heat, add cocoa, and stir until well blended.
4. Add sugar and mix well.
5. Add eggs, one at a time, and beat well.
6. Stir in vanilla, flour and salt. DO NOT OVERBEAT.
7. Fold in nuts.
8. Spread in prepared pan and bake 25 to 30 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
I found this recipe on a Saco Cocoa container several years ago. We like it better than most boxed brownies.