Last time, Shawnna and Jhon came to visit, I made these rolls. Jhon loved them so much he couldn't stop talking about them. I had to make another batch after the first was gone! : )
They are so good and easy to make. I promise you wont be disappointed!
Fast, Easy & Yummy Yeast Rolls
2 - 2 1/2 cups flour
3 Tbsp sugar
2 1/4 tsp yeast
1/2 tsp salt
3/4 cup water (120-130 degrees)
2 Tbsp butter, melted
1. In a large mixing bowl, combine 1 1/2 cups flour, sugar, yeast and salt.
2. Add water and butter; beat on medium speed for 3 minutes or until smooth.
3. Stir in enough remaining flour to form a soft dough.
4. Turn onto a well-floured surface; knead until smooth and elastic, about 4-6 minutes. (I knead the dough in my mixer for 4-6 minutes.)
5. Cover and let rest for 10 minutes. (I let the dough 'rest' in the mixer with the lid placed on the mixer.)
6. Roll dough to 3/8-in thickness; cut with a floured 2 1/2 in biscuit cutter. (I dont have a biscuit cutter; I use a drinking glass.)
7. Place 2-in apart on a greased baking sheet. Cover and let rise in a warm place until doubled, about 30 minutes.
At the end of the 30 minute rise just before placing them in the oven.8. Bake at 375 for 11-14 minutes or until lightly browned.
Makes 1 dozen. I usually double or triple the recipe because 1 dozen is not enough.