5/21/10

Chicken Pockets

This is a great meal for those nights that you want something easy. It doesn't make too much of a mess, you know those recipes where you use 4 different pots/pans, after dinner you have a mountain of dishes to do, this one isn't like that. And it's really good.
My hubby liked them, but didn't love them...I thought they were really good. But be sure to eat them all, they weren't too great as left-overs.
When I first saw this recipe I was a little scared. I'm weird about cream cheese...I just didn't know how it would taste in here. And it asks for mushrooms, another thing I'm not to fond of,  but it was really good.. So, don't be afraid, just try it.

 I definitely have to have the gravy for the top. The first time I made this I made the home-made gravy, but now I just use the packaged gravy mix. There are a few different recipes out there, but this is usually the one that I make. Enjoy!!

Chicken Pockets

2 C. Chicken, cooked and cubed or shredded
2-3 oz. cream cheese, softened
2 tbsp. Milk or you can use 1/4 C. Butter
1 (4 oz.) can Mushrooms (I never use the whole can, but like I said, I'm not too crazy about mushrooms)
1 tsp. pepper
2 Cans Crescent Rolls
1/4 C. Butter, melted
1/2 C. Seasoned Breadcrumbs
1 pkg. Chicken Gravy Mix

Cream together your Cream cheese and milk/butter. Add the chicken, mushrooms, and pepper to the creamed mixture (I have even added chopped green onions and some seasonings- Ms. Dash, Season All, etc.).
Spray a cookie sheet with cooking spray. Unroll your crescent dough. Seperate your dough to make rectangles (2 triangle crescent pieces). Pinch/press along the perforation to seal your dough.
Put one heaping teaspoon of mixture on to each section of crescent roll (you don't have to have exact measurements here). Then roll up each crescent roll. You can do this any way you want. You can roll up one side and make it like a pocket or like above, bring up each corner one at a time and press together.
Melt your butter and brush onto each pocket, then sprinkle a little bit of breadcrumbs on top. Bake at 350 degrees for 25 minutes.
While they're baking make your gravy.
When done place a chicken pocket on each plate and spoon some gravy over top of each pocket.
Enjoy!!

Some other filling suggestions from http://www.kevinandamanda.com/:
Bacon
Ranch Dressing
Bell Peppers
Ham & Swiss Cheese (Chicken Cordon Bleu Packets)

No comments:

Post a Comment