5/18/10

Carron's "Killer" Cookies

You can never have enough cookie recipes, right?
I ripped this recipe out of a  Family Circle magazine about a year ago, but never got around to making the cookies. A few weeks ago I was looking through all of my recipes and came across it and decided to make it. I am so glad I finally made them because they were sooo yummy!


You can't go wrong with cookies that have Oatmeal, Rice Krispies, Coconut & chocolate. What a great combination.
The day I made these my Mother-in-law was at our house. I told her to take some home for her and 'Pa'. She only took one for her and one for him. Five minutes later there was a knock on our door...it was my Father-in-law wanting more cookies. He didn't know why she only brought 2 cookies, he wanted more, haha. They loved these cookies!
And if you want to be really naughty, turn these cookies into ice cream sandwiches. Oh my!!


Carron's "Killer" Cookies
by: Carron Findly
from Family Circle April 2009 magazine

1 1/2 C. All-purpose flour
1 tsp. Baking Soda
1 tsp. Baking Powder
1 tsp. salt
1 C. Vegetable Shortening (I only had the Butter flavored)
1 C. Granulated Sugar
1 C. Light-brown sugar
2 Eggs
1 tsp. Vanilla Extract
2 C. Old-fashioned oats
2 C. Rice Krispies cereal
1 C. Sweetened Flake Coconut
1 Bag (6 oz.) Semi-sweet Chocolate Chips

Heat oven to 350 degrees. Place parchment paper on 4 baking sheets and set aside.
In a small bowl, blend flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt with a whisk; set aside.
In a large bowl, beat shortening and both sugars on medium-high speed about 3 minutes or until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in vanilla.
On low speed, gradually add flour mixture and beat until just combined. Stir in oats, Rice Krispies, coconut and chocolate chips.
Form balls with 2 tbsp. of dough and place 2 inches apart on prepared sheets. Bake at 350 degrees for 10 minutes. Cook on sheets for 5 minutes then transfer to cooling rack to cool completely.

No comments:

Post a Comment