4. Add honey. Stir together.
13. Once the dough has doubled in size, divide the dough into 3 pieces. Shape and place in greased bread pans. Cover. Rise in a warm place until doubled. [The original recipe was for 1 loaf. I doubled the recipe which is the amounts shown; however, the doubled recipe produced rather large loaves. I then tried dividing the doubled amount into 3 loaves instead of 2 and the loaves were the perfect size for my family. If you would like to try just 2 loaves or 1/2 the ingredients and make just one loaf that is fine.]
5 1/2 cups whole wheat flour
1/2 cup wheat gluten
2 tsp salt
4 Tbsp powdered milk
2 Tbsp olive oil
1/2 - 1 cup potato flakes
- Place warm water in your mixer.
- Add yeast and vinegar.
- Add honey. Stir together.
- Add the flour and mix.
- Add the remaining ingredients in order listed; mixing well after each addition
- Knead for approx 12-15 minutes.
- Cover the dough & let rise in warm place until doubled.
- Once doubled, divide the dough into 3 pieces. Shape and place in greased bread pans. Cover and let rise until doubled in a warm place.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 20-30 minutes or until the top is browned and the loaf sounds hollow when tapped.
- Remove bread from the oven and immediately (or within 2-3 minutes) remove the bread from the pan and place in plastic food/bread bags.
Original recipe by Crystal Godfrey.