5/18/10

Baked Ziti

I've tried several Baked Ziti recipes, but this is probably my favorite. It's really easy and delicious. This is a great freezer meal or if you need to take dinner to someone this is also a great meal.

I first found this recipe on Allrecipes. The original recipe asked for a ton of Spaghetti Sauce, I cut it down and it works great. When I simmer the sauce I sometimes will add a little seasoning (parsley, basil, etc.) and a bay leaf (to make it taste a little more home-made). One time that I made this I used half Ground Beef and Half Italian Sausage. It was good, but a little too sweet for my Hubby.
I love this recipe because it's really cheesy. You use Provolone sliced cheese (this is what makes it really cheesy), you use shredded mozzarella, and grated Parmesan. Yummy!!!
If you can't find Ziti pasta you can use penne or any other small tube pasta.
Alright....that's it. Enjoy!!

Baked Ziti

1 lb. dry Ziti pasta
1 Onion, chopped
1 lb. Lean ground beef
2 Jars of Spaghetti Sauce
6 oz. Provolone Cheese, slices
1 C. Sour Cream
6 oz. Mozzarella cheese, shredded
2 tbsp. Grated Parmesan

Bring a large pot of slightly salted water to a boil and add ziti pasta and cook until al dente. In a large skillet, brown onion and ground beef over medium heat (I usually season the meat a little). Add the spaghetti sauce and simmer for 15 minutes.
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Grease a 9X13 baking dish. Layer as follows:
1/2 of the Ziti
Provolone Cheese
Sour Cream
1/2 Sauce Mixture
Remaining Ziti
Mozzarella Cheese
& remaining sauce mixture.
Top with grated Parmesan and bake for 30 minutes. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment