5/20/10

Apple Nut Coffee Cake

Mmmm...Coffee Cake. I don't know what I love about it, except that it is really yummy. My Mother-in-law was asked to teach at church, and she asked for some ideas for a treat to take for all the ladies. She finally decided on this cake. And I was glad she did, because she shared a piece with me. :) It is so moist and delicous, I gobbled the whole piece up without sharing with anyone else. So, I had some extra apples lying around, and decided to get the recipe and make a cake for me.


You should have everything you need for this cake in your pantry. And if you have some bruised apples that you don't want to eat, then this is the perfect way to use them.
This recipe came from a 1978 Better Homes and Garden Cookbook that my Mother-in-law has. This is such an easy recipe and it's sooo good. You'll definitely have to try this!

And there it is. I think I might just have to make this today...and I think you should too.
Enjoy!!

Apple-Nut Coffee Cake

2 C. All-purpose flour
1 tsp. Baking Powder
1 tsp. Baking Soda
1/4 tsp. Salt
1 C. Granulated Sugar
1/2 C. Shortening
2 Eggs
1 tsp. Vanilla
1 C. Sour Cream
2 C. Finely chopped apple
1/2 C. Chopped Nuts
1/2 C. packed Brown Sugar
1 tsp. Ground Cinnamon
2 tbsp. butter, melted

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease a 9x13 in. baking dish.
Stir together the flour, baking powder, soda, and salt.
Cream the sugar and shortening. Beat in the eggs and vanilla. Add flour mixture and sour cream alternately to creamed mixture. Fold in apple. Spread batter in prepared pan.
Combine nuts, brown sugar, and cinnamon; stirn in butter. Sprinkle evenly over batter.
Bake for 35-40 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment