3/31/10

Asian Chicken & Rice

Some days I crave Chinese food. But some of those days I really don't feel like cooking either, I'd rather just go to a chinese restaurant; don't we all do that? Today I am going to share a stir-fry recipe with you, that is so so easy, but very good.
When I was single, every Wednesday I would cook for some of my friends and Josh (I was trying to impress him, I guess it worked, haha). I found a recipe similar to this that I cooked on some of those Wednesdays. I really liked it, and it was so easy, but after getting married and then moving, the recipe disappeared. I recently tried to track down this recipe, and found one similar. A few weeks ago, I decided to make it, changing it up a little bit. So, here's my recipe for Asian Chicken & Rice.

Ingredients you will need: Vegetable oil, 2 Chicken breasts, 1 can of Golden Mushroom Soup (I used regular Cream of Mushroom), Water, 1 Pkg. of Teriyaki Sauce or Stir Fry Sauce (pictured above, this is what I used), Frozen Stir-fry veggies, Minute Rice, I also added, ginger and teriyaki sauce.
So, first season your chicken. I always season my chicken to give it a little taste. I seasoned the chicken with Mrs. Dash and Salt and Pepper. Cut up your chicken into bite size pieces (I cute mine into strips). Then heat the oil in a skillet and add the chicken and ginger (I think I may have added a little bit of teriyaki sauce onto the chicken as well). Cook until browned, then remove the chicken onto a plate.
In the same skillet, add the soup, water, seasoning mix/sauce, teriyaki sauce, and veggies. Heat to a boil, then stir in rice. Top with the chicken. Cover and cook over low heat for 10 minutes.
And there you go, easy delicious stir-fry. So no more frozen stir-fry dinner packets from the store, right??? This probably is just as much work and it won't cost you as much. Instead of rice, you could probably try some chow mein noodles too. Enjoy!!

Asian Chicken & Rice
1 Tbsp. Vegetable Oil
2 Boneless Chicken Breasts
Salt & Pepper- to season chicken
Ms. Dash- to season chicken
Teriyaki Sauce (I added a little while cooking the chicken)
1 tsp. minced Ginger (I didn't measure, this is just a guess.)
10 oz. Golden Mushroom soup or Cream of Mushroom Soup
1 pkg. Teriyaki Seasoning Mix or 1 C. Stir-fry Sauce (add more if needed)
1 Tbsp. Teriyaki Sauce (I added this because I didn't have the Teriyaki Seasoning mix)
16 oz. Frozen Stir-fry Veggies
1 1/2 C. uncooked Minute White Rice

First season your chicken with salt, pepper, and any other seasonings you want. Cut up your chicken into bite size pieces.
Then heat the oil in a skillet and add the chicken and ginger (I added a little bit of teriyaki sauce onto the chicken as well). Cook until browned, then remove the chicken onto a plate.

In the same skillet, add the soup, water, seasoning mix/sauce, teriyaki sauce, and veggies. Heat to a boil, then stir in rice. Top with the chicken. Cover and cook over low heat for 10 minutes.
Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment