1/19/10

Long Time No Post & Toffee Poke Cake!

Wow, What a crazy few weeks it has been. I hope everyone had a wonderful Christmas and New Year. We sure did, we didn't have power most of Christmas Day, but it all turned out perfect. The power came on just in time for me to put the turkey in the oven, and my hubby totally surprised me with the most wonderful gift! I got a new Camera!! Josh got me the Nikon Digital SLR (the one with the flip down screen). I was not expecting that at all. So, where are all these pictures I should be taking, well, I haven't actually received the camera yet, I know, how sad. It's on back order until Feb. So be expecting lot's of new recipe pictures in the months to come. If I can figure out how to use this thing. :)
Another wonderful present I got was from my Grandma and my Mother. They gave me 4 new cookbooks. Yeah!! I swear I have a recipe addiction, and it must run in the family.
1. I received 2 Taste of Home Annual Recipe Cookbooks (I'm going to share a recipe from one of them today)
2."I Can't Believe it's Food Storage," by Crystal Godfrey. I haven't tried anything from this yet, but Shawnna and I have decided that we are going to. Super excited about this!
3. And "The Worldwide Ward Cookbook." I read through this 4 or 5 times, I couldn't get enough. I have started a Sourdough Starter from this book, and will soon be making some Sourdough Bread.

So enough talking already! Let's get to the recipe! You are really in for a treat. We just had a Primary Meeting and I was in charge of refreshments, so I made my Cheesecake Ball and a Toffee Poke Cake. This was so easy and very very good! Since I forgot to take a picture of this delicious Cake I just posted the one from Taste of Home. It's probably prettier anyway! Enjoy!

Toffee Poke Cake
from Taste of Home 2010 Annual Recipes
-Jeanette Hoffman, Oshkosh, Wisconsin

1 pkg. (18 1/4 oz.) Chocolate Cake Mix
1 Jar (17 oz.) Butterscotch-Caramel Ice Cream Topping
1 Carton (12 oz.) Cool-Whip, thawed
3 Heath candy bars (1.4 oz. each), chopped

Prepare and bake chocolate cake according to package directions, using a greased 9X13 in. baking pan. Cool on a wire rack.
When the cake is cool, using a handle of a wooden spoon, poke holes in the cake. Pour 3/4 C. butterscotch-caramel topping into the holes. Spoon the remaining Butterscotch-caramel over the cake. Top with whipped topping. Sprinkle with candy. Refrigerate for at least 2 hours before serving.
Yields: 15 servings

You can experiment with this recipe. For example, try a different ice cream topping in place of the Butterscotch-Caramel. You could also use another flavor of cake mix or sprinkle different candies.
I have another delicious poke cake I'll have to share with you!!

Click Here to print the Recipe!

2 comments:

  1. I'm ashamed to admit I know this recipe as "Better than Sex Cake!" Josh hates it when I call it that but WOW it is yummy! I just might have to make it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know this recipe as "Better than Sex Cake!" Josh hates it when I call it that but WOW it is yummy! I just might have to make it.

    ReplyDelete