12/16/09

Day 5:Muddy Buddies and Peppermint Bark

I know everyone has that one recipe that brings back family memories everytime you make it. Muddy Buddies is one of mine. My Grandmother used to always make these around this time of year, but she called it Puppy Chow. Every year our whole family would gather at my Grandparents' house. They had a huge dining table that was always filled with food. There was also a seperate table specifically for pies. Oh, how I love the holidays. And Oh, how I love Puppy Chow! It's a very simple recipe and I'm sure everyone has made this, but I had to include this in our 12 Days of Treats! Enjoy!


Click Here to print Puppy Chow recipe!

And now for the peppermint bark! A few weeks ago I had lunch at the Golden Elk, here in Hailey (Delicious!!). Anyway, they had free samples of Peppermint Bark. Oh my!! It was sooo good. So I did a search for a recipe online and found this one from http://www.joyofbaking.com/. It turned out good, but the only problem I had was with the chocolate. After you put it all together, you have it sit in the freezer for 5 mins. But if mine is out of the freezer for a few minutes, the chocolate starts to become soft. Hmmm.... I don't know if it's the chocolate I used or just the recipe. But that doesn't change the taste! So maybe someday soon I'll try a different recipe and let you know. If anyone has a good recipe for this, Please share it.


Click Here to print Peppermint Bark Recipe


1 comment:

  1. k these are seriously 2 of my FAVORITE THINGS!!! Thanks for posting them!

    ReplyDelete