12/13/09

Day 2: Chocolate Dipped Coconut Macaroons

These are delicious! Coconut and Chocolate how can you go wrong with that? When I searched for a macaroon recipe, I noticed that there was more than one way to make them. Some had a little flour in them, some only used egg whites, some had almond extract. I decided to make some from http://www.joyofbaking.com/. They were so easy to make, just a bowl and a spoon, a few ingredients and they were done. That made them even better. But as I was writing my post I wondered what the recipes with sweetened condensed milk tasted like, so I stopped typing and went to the kitchen and made another batch. These came from http://www.browneyedbaker.com/. Though they may have a slight difference in taste, they are both definitely worth making.



The recipe from brown eyed baker that used Sweetened Condensed Milk, had a stronger flavor. And I liked the chocolate ganache from the joy of baking recipe, so I made the cookies from Brown Eyed Baker and did the chocolate from Joy of Baking. I used bittersweet chocolate on my Macaroon, and I noticed that when I made the first batch of macaroons (from joy of baking) They were much better after sitting in the fridge for a day. I know, How did I manage to let them sit in the fridge for a whole day??? I have no idea! So, PLEASE go and get the ingredients and make these wonderful treats, and if you want to be nice you can share them with some of your friends.
-So, I woke up this morning and decided to try the macaroons that I baked last night, after they sat for awhile, and this is my opinion. They are both very very delicious, the macaroons with the sweetened condensed milk, did give it a stronger flavor, but I think I like the ones from joyofbaking better. The condensed milk almost seemed too strong for me, but that is only my opinion. The first batch I made, from joyofbaking, almost tasted like a Mounds bar, which is one of my favorites!!
Try both and let me know what you think.

Click Here to print the recipe!

No comments:

Post a Comment