12/23/09

Day 12: Cheesecake Ball

I'm sorry, my recipe today doesn't have a picture. Yesterday was one of those days, where nothing goes right. I had planned to make my treat for today, but I never got a chance to make it! So, I am posting a different recipe without a picture, how sad. :( And if you have noticed today is day 12. Yeah, I messed up on that. When I decided to do '12 days of Treats' I thought to myself, 'I'll start on the 12th because 12 plus 12 is 24. Well, No. It doesn't work out that way, so I guess we'll have 13 days of treats. Haha
Back to my recipe for the day: I got this recipe from my Sister's ward cookbook. I made this last Christmas for a Christmas Party and it was really really good! Here it is:

Cheesecake Ball
From Linda Houghton

1 Cube butter, softened (no substitutes)
8 oz. Cream Cheese, softened
1 C. Powdered Sugar
2 Tbsp. Brown Sugar
1 tsp. Vanilla
1/3-1/2 C. Pecans, Chopped
1/2 C. Mini Chocolate Chips

Beat first five ingredients together and stir in nuts and chocolate chips. With a spatula push mixture into a ball shape. Cover and chill for at least 6 hours. Roll semi-firm mixture into a ball and serve on a platter with graham crackers. (Honeymade Chocolate Sticks are good.)

Variations: 1- Leave out chips and roll ball in them when semi-firm. 2- Add 1-2 Tbsp. of cocoa powder when beating together for more chocolate flavor.

*When I made this, I didn't have pecans, so I omitted them. And I think I added chocolate chips into the cream cheese and rolled it in them also. Delicious!! When I make this, I will post the picture. I am planning on making it on Christmas or New Year's.

No comments:

Post a Comment