9/8/09

Mini Deep Dish Pizzas

I always have a hard time finding meals to fix for my kids for lunch. My 3 year old is picky, he pretty much always wants hot dogs, corn dogs, or chicken nuggets. He loves pizza, but we never have it for lunch. Then I saw this recipe and decided to give it a try. It was a hit. Kameron and Taelyn loved it!! I even made some for me and they were very good. So let's get cooking!


Alright, for the ingredients: Spaghetti Sauce, Pop Biscuits, and toppings/fillings. For the kids I used pepperoni. I found some left over rotisserie chicken, so I decided to do some Alfredo Sauce, Bacon, Chicken pizzas, so good! And then I did some with bacon and sausage.



Split each biscuit into 3 equal discs (most of mine I could only get to separate into 2). Press each disc into the cups of a sprayed muffin tin, pushing in on the corners and making sure that they go all the way up the sides.
Place in the oven and bake for 1/2 of the directed cooking time (total time is usually 10 minutes). Remove from muffin tins and place on a cookie sheet. (I precooked all of the crusts and then cooked them for the remaining time with the filling on a cookie sheet). Fill each crust with about a tablespoon of sauce along with your desired fillings. Top with cheese.
Bake for the remaining 5 minutes or until cheese is melted and crusts are a golden brown. (I tried cooking these 2 different ways: Precooking just the crust, like the original recipe says and pressing the crust into the muffin tins and filling with whatever and then cooking. Either way turned out good. Just a warning, when I didn't precook them the biscuits puffed up and some of the filling spilled over. If you do precook the crust you will have to push the crust down or scoop some of it out to put the filling in. Just so you know.

And there they are. Really easy delicious lunch or dinner. The pizza on the botom is the Alfredo Chicken Pizza. Mmmmm....I actually just bought more biscuits to make these again! Enjoy!



Mini Deep Dish Pizzas
from mmmcafe.blogspot.com
1 can pop biscuits
desired filling for mini pizzas

We love to fill our pizza with :
shredded chicken
alfredo sauce
turkey bacon
canadian bacon
mozzarella cheese

Split each biscuit into 3 equal discs (some of them I could only get to separate into 2). Press each disc into the cups of a sprayed muffin tin, pushing in on the corners and making sure that they go all the way up the sides.
Place in the oven and bake for 1/2 of the directed cooking time (total time is usually 10 minutes). Remove from muffin tins and place on a cookie sheet. (I precooked all of the crusts and then cooked them for the remaining time with the filling on a cookie sheet). Fill each crust with about a tablespoon of sauce along with your desired fillings. Top with cheese.
Bake for the remaining 5 minutes or until cheese is melted and crusts are a golden brown.
Serves 4-6.

No comments:

Post a Comment