9/27/09

Delicious Chocolate Chip Cookies

I am always looking for a really good chocolate chip cookie recipe. I have tried many, but sometimes they would spread too much when I cooked them, or some were too crunchy. I wanted a chewy and delicious chocolate chip cookie. So, this past weekend I was visiting Shannon and she made these cookies. Mmmmm.....they were perfect. I HAD to take a picture, and told her she had to post the recipe. So thankyou Shannon for your wonderful cookies and for letting me come and eat them all!!!


Hi..this is Shannon posting the recipe for Sheena. It is a recipe I have had for years but I recently started making a few changes because I had the same problems as Sheena. When the cookies spread too much, people would tell me to add more flour but then they were crunchy or hard. Ewww! :) So I experimented and this is what I have come up with.
Chocolate Chip Cookies
Ingredients:
1 cup butter, softened not melted (I only use real butter)
3/4 cup sugar
3/4 cup brown sugar
2 eggs
1-2 tsp vanilla
1 tsp salt
3 tsp baking soda
3 cups flour
1-2 cup chocolate chips or M&Ms (my kids love cookie dough but dont like baked cookies with too many chocolate chips so I usually only use 1 cup not 2 of ch. chips)
Instructions:
Cream the butter and sugars together. Mix in the eggs, one at a time. Add the vanilla. Add 1/2 cup flour, the salt and the baking soda. Mix well and then add the rest of the flour slowly. (I usually add 1/2 cup -1 cup at a time.) Add chocolate chips.
Bake at 325 for hmmm..I cant remember about 10-12 minutes I believe. I set the timer for 10 minutes and then watch them closely after that.
A few tips: dont overmix the batter. Don't melt the butter use softened butter. If you are in a hurry and only have cold butter you can place the butter on a plate and slice into 1/4" pieces. Microwave on the lowest power setting for a few seconds at a time until softened. You may be able to use less flour..I kind of think that altitude may affect how they bake so if you are at a different altitude you could try more or less flour. We live at about 4500 feet altitude.
I hope you enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment