9/17/09

Cookie Dough Pie

I'm sorry I haven't posted any recipes lately, it has been so crazy around here. I'm sure you understand. But don't worry I have an amazing & super easy dessert for you. And perfect timing, Chips Ahoy cookies are on sale right now!! Shannon says that our Grandma used to make this, but I actually saw it on http://www.bigredkitchen.com/ and had to try it. You know you want to try some, so go buy some Chips Ahoy and enjoy!

Ingredients: 1 pkg. Chips Ahoy Cookies, Cool-Whip, Milk, and Chocolate Syrup (optional)
So, what you want to do is quickly dip the cookies in milk, shake off excess liquid, and layer in 9 inch pie plate, breaking cookies to fill any gaps. Once the first layer is complete, top with a thin layer of Cool Whip. Repeat twice more making last layer of Cool Whip a bit thicker. Garnish with chocolate syrup if desired. Place in freezer 2-3 hours before serving. Serves 6-8.
* After the first layer of cool-whip I drizzled a little bit of Chocolate Syrup, just because. I'm a chocoholic, sorry. And I also made this in a 9X13 dish, you'll have to use more chips ahoy and cool whip, but believe me, more is better!!!
And here it is...OK no licking the screen, I know it looks good, but try to contain yourself. And seriously how easy is that? Just tell everyone that it took hours to make this. Enjoy!!
Cookie Dough Pie
15.25 ounce package Chips Ahoy Cookies- Original kind
8-12 ounces Cool Whip- I think I bought the bigger one, just to be safe.
2 cups milk
Chocolate Syrup- optional
Quickly dip cookies in milk, shake off excess liquid, and layer in 9 inch pie plate, breaking cookies to fill any gaps. Once the first layer is complete, top with a thin layer of Cool Whip. Repeat twice more making last layer of Cool Whip a bit thicker. Garnish with chocolate syrup if desired. Place in freezer 2-3 hours before serving.
Serves 6-8.

1 comment:

  1. And to top it off Chips Ahoy are on sale with the coupon that was in the Sunday paper a couple weeks ago so they are cheap cheap!! Yeah Thanks Sheena I wanted this recipe from you now I have it!!

    ReplyDelete