8/26/09

Peanut Butter Chocolate Chunk Blondies

Oh, Peanut Butter Chocolate Chunk Blondies, I think I'm in love... I was a little scared of the peanut butter as I mixed it in thinking that it would overpower, but I was wrong. These were soooo good. I am on the hunt for the perfect blondies. I got an email from Food Network one day and in the email were the Barefoot Contessa's brownie mixes. One of her mixes is a Chocolate Chunk Coconut Blondie, but I'm sorry I'm not going to pay $8.00 for a box of brownie mix, sorry barefoot contessa... Doesn't she make enough money being on T.V.? Anyway, my Mom tried her Cookie mix and told me not to waste my money. So in my search for the perfect blondie I found these. Go on, you know you want to go get all the ingredients and make them right now...Let's get cooking! BTW, thankyou http://www.thekitchensinkrecipes.com/ Delicious!!!

The ingredients are: Flour, baking powder, cinnamon, salt, unsalted butter, creamy peanut butter, light brown sugar, eggs, vanilla, Chocolate Chunks (I only had Chips), flaked coconut, & the original recipe asked for unsalted peanuts I didn't have any, so mine don't have them.

In a medium bowl, whisk or sift together the flour, baking powder, cinnamon & salt. Set aside.


In the bowl of a stand mixer mix the butter and peanut butter until fluffy. Add the sugar and mix until combined.

Add the eggs and vanilla and mix until combined



With the mixer on low, slowly add the dry ingredients, mix until just combined.


Using a spatula or wooden spoon, fold in the chocolate, coconut, and peanuts.


Pour into a greased 9in. baking dish. Bake the blondies in the center of a pre-heated 350 degree oven for 30 minutes or until the blondies have just begun to brown around the edges. Allow them to cool completely before cutting.


I cheated, I had to sneak some after they cool a little while. Here they are. They are making me hungry just looking at them. Enjoy!


Peanut Butter Chocolate Chunk Blondies

1 1/2 C. Flour
1 tsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp. cinnamon
1/4 tsp. salt
1/2 C. unsalted butter, softened
1/2 C. creamy peanut butter
1 1/4 C. packed light brown sugar
2 large eggs
1 tsp. vanilla
1 C. choc. Chips, coarsely chopped
1/2 C. unsalted peanuts, finely chopped*
1/2 C. flaked coconut
Preheat oven to 350. Grease a 9 in. square pan. In a medium bowl, whisk or sift together the flour, baking powder, cinnamon and salt. Set aside. In the bowl of a stand mixer, mix the butter and peanut butter until fluffy. Add the sugar and mix until combined. Add the eggs and vanilla and mix until combined. With the mixer running on low, slowly add the dry ingredients, mix until just combined. Using a spatula or wooden spoon, fold in the chocolate, peanuts and coconut. Bake the blondies in the center of the pre-heated oven for 30 minutes, or until the blondies have just begun to brown around the edges. Allow them to cool completely before cutting.

(*Peanuts are optional)

No comments:

Post a Comment