8/27/09

My 4 Envelope Roast

Mmmm... don't you love coming hom from a long day or from church to have your house full of a wonderful aroma? I do and this recipe definitely did that. I found this roast recipe on http://realmomkitchen.blogspot.com/ and decided to try it out. I did change it up a little though. On her website it is called '3 envelope roast.' I added an extra envelope, so I guess it can't be 3 envelope roast anymore. So, if you are in search of a good Sunday dinner, look no further here it is! Let's cook...

Alright ingredients: 3 lb roast, Brown Gravy Mix, Ranch Dressing Mix, Italian Dressing Mix, Water, and I added Onion Soup Mix, and Cream of Mushroom Soup.

In a bowl mix the water and all of the mixes. Stir well.

I cut my roast in half and sometimes I rub it with flour (another roast recipe of mine does that) this time I just cut it and put it in the crockpot. If you can tell, it barely fit in my crockpot. Pour the water/soup mix mixture on top. And then add the cream of mushroom soup. Let cook on low for 8 hours or on high for 4 hours.

And there it is. Delicious! That's all I have to say.... Enjoy!
4 Envelope Roast
adapted from realmomkitchen.blogspot.com
3 Pound Beef Roast
1 Envelope Dry Ranch Dressing Mix
1 Envelope Dry Italian Dressing Mix
1 Envelope Brown Gravy Mix
2 C. Water
* I added these too:
1 Envelope Onion Soup Mix
1 Can Cr. Of Mushroom

In a bowl combine the water and all the envelopes of dry mixes. Mix until blended completely. Brown the roast (if desired). Add the meat to your cooker. Pour the water/salad dressing mixture over the roast. Next, pour the cream of mushroom over the roast. In the slow cooker, cook it on high for about 4 hours or on low for about 8 hours.

No comments:

Post a Comment