8/4/09

Creamy Italian Chicken over Rice

I was having one of those days last week, I hadn't planned anything for dinner and I really didn't feel like cooking, so I was looking online (http://realmomkitchen.blogspot.com/, this is another really good blog I ran across) and I found this. It was so simple and it was really good. I didn't even have to go to the store because I had everything in my pantry. I love meals like these....

Here are the ingredients: Chicken, Cream Cheese, Cream of Chicken Soup, Italian Dressing, and I added some seasoning salt, salt & pepper, and at the end I added some milk.

Put the chicken breasts in a crockpot and sprinke with your seasoning and the italian dressing mix. Mix the cream cheese and cream of Chicken soup in a seperate bowl and pour over the chicken. Cook on low all day (8 hours).


When it's almost done take the chicken out and shred it, pull it apart with 2 forks. (This is optional) When you've shredded it put it back in the crock pot and let it sit in the juice for a little bit. If you want a thinner sauce add some milk. (I added some, and it was still thick, so I'll probalby thin it a little more next time, just to see which one I like better.)

And here it is. Oh, I forgot the rice, sorry. It can go over rice, mashed potatoes, biscuits, whatever you want. I may even try it with some veggies next time too. Enjoy!

Creamy Italian Chicken over Rice

4-6 Chicken Breasts ***
1 Package of dry Italian Dressing Mix
2 Cans of Cream of Chicken Soup
1 (8 oz.) Cream Cheese

Put chicken breasts in crock pot. Sprinkle with dry Italian dressing mix. Mix cream cheese and soup in separate bowl. Pour over chicken. Cook on low all day (8 hours). Serve over rice or noodles. (Add milk if needed to thin sauce out)

***Update: This is how many chicken breasts it says on realmomkitchen.blogspot.com. But Shannon is making it tonight and she said there is no way it could be that many, so I think it really depends on the size of the chicken breasts. She is going to try it with 2-3 and let us know. Also I read the comments on realmomkitchen and 1 person said that she adds 1/2 tsp. of seasoning salt and 2 Tbsp. of melted butter. And another person said that she adds 1/2C. or so of Sour cream at the very end. So if anyone tries these let us know. Thanks

No comments:

Post a Comment