8/26/09

Chicken Cordon Bleu Stuffed Baguette

As I was searching for recipes for my monthly meal calendar I came across this recipe and thought it looked really good. I made it a few weeks ago and like it. Josh wasn't too crazy about it, he said it was more like a hot sandwich (not a big fan of sandwiches.) This came from kenzieskitchen.blogspot.com . Let's get cooking...

Alright the ingredients are: Chicken, Ham, Swiss cheese, Mozzarella, Butter, Crescent dough, paprika, seasoning salt. Now, the Sour Cream, Cream of chicken and lemon was for a chicken cordon bleu sauce that I got from my Lion House Cookbook, I didn't really care for it. I do think if I had a good sauce I would definitely add that to the recipe.
First, cover a cookie sheet with parchment paper. Roll out your dough (You can make your own dough or go the easy route like me and buy the crescent dough, it's just a sheet of dough). Add 1-2tbsp. of butter and spread over the dough.


Next add your cheese. I used sliced swiss cheese and mozzarella cheese. You can use any types of cheese you want.


Then add the layer of ham.




And then the chicken. I seasoned the chicken with paprika and seasoning salt.




Now, wrap it up. And bake it in a preheated 400 degree oven for 15-20 minutes.




And there it is. Let stand a few minutes before cutting. This is a really easy meal for those nights that you really don't feel like cooking. I used leftover chicken that I cooked a few nights before and just shredded it. Enjoy!

Chicken Cordon Bleu Stuffed Baguette
from kenzieskitchen.blogspot.com
Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
Start with 1 portion of fresh pizza, bread, or roll dough (either homemade or purchased); roll/stretch dough into a rectangle shape on a cookie sheet.
Next, smear dough with 1-2 tbsp. butter (this is optional and probably not necessary if you use full-fat cheese and/or a lot of cheese).
Add cheese - I used 3 deli slices of swiss and about 1/4 cup of shredded mozzarella (but feel free to use your choice - both in variety and quantity).
Arrange shaved ham in a single layer on top of cheese.
Finally, add shredded pieces of cooked chicken breast* on top of ham.
If you're feeling adventurous, add garlic, herbs or some kind of seasoning.
Roll dough (think rolling cinnamon rolls), starting from the longest side of the rectangle of dough. Press dough together at seams and ends.
Bake at 400 degrees for 15-20 minutes, or until golden brown. Let stand a few moments before slicing.

No comments:

Post a Comment