7/10/09

Becky Higgin's Garlic Chicken Farfalle

My Husband LOVED this recipe, I was feeling sick, so I actually didn't try it, sorry! But my husband did take it for lunch the next day and he told me he passed up a Snowbunny Burger (His favorite fast food burger) because he wanted to eat the leftovers instead. This is another recipe I got from http://www.kevinandamanda.com/. Thanks!!!

Alright here are the ingredients:

Farfalle Pasta, Heavy Whipping Cream, Chicken Breast, Garlic, Pepper, Butter, Bacon, Parmesan Cheese (If you notice mine isn't Parmesan, I forgot to get some, so I used the Italian 6 cheese instead.) and Lawrys Mesquite with Lime marinade. So let's make some Garlic Chicken Farfalle.


First put your chicken into a crockpot and pour the bottle of marinade in and let your chicken just soak in it all day, well 6 hours on low. (I used about 8-9 pices of chicken breast tenders.)


Next we cook the bacon. I did this earlier in the day, just to save time. Place your bacon in a baking dish and put into a 400 degree oven and let it cook for 20-30 min.


When it's done it will look like this. When it's cool take it out and crumble it into pieces.


Half an hour before dinner start boiling your water and 1 tbsp. of salt. When it's boiling really nice add 8-10 oz. of Farfalle Pasta


While your pasta is cooking get your chicken ready. Shred your chicken or cut it into bite size pieces.


Next we'll make the sauce. In a small saucepan, melt butter, add garlic, whipping cream, pepper, parmesan cheese, and crumpled bacon. Whisk together on low heat for 3-4 minutes.


When your pasta is done, drain it. You can put your pasta in a pretty little serving dish, but I really didn't feel like dirtying a dish, sorry. Then pour your sauce over your pasta and stir until well blended.


Ta da!!! There you go. You can add some extra parmesan cheese or bacon on top. Hope you enjoy it!!!


Becky Higgins Garlic Chicken Farfalle
10 oz. Farfalle pasta (I did about 8oz. of pasta and thought it was perfect. I think if you did more than that there wouldn't be enough sauce. I like alot of sauce on my pasta.)
1 c. heavy whipping cream
3-4 chicken breasts (boneless, skinless)
2 to 3 cloves garlic, crushed OR garlic salt (I do a spoonful of crushed garlic)
1/2 Tbsp. pepper taste at the end and add more if you like. (The original recipe asked for 1 tbsp. of pepper, I did a little less than that.)
1/2 c. butter
1 lb. bacon, crumpled**
3/4-1 c. shredded Parmesan cheese
1 (12 oz) Lawry’s mesquite marinade with lime juice

**We like to cook our bacon in the oven (400 degrees, convection). Way less messy. And it’s crispy every time. Time varies, so you just have to watch it. I think it’s usually around 30 minutes. Allow to cool and then crumple.

Crock pot chicken and bottle of marinade on low for 6 hours. Pull marinated chicken out of the juices, allow to cool a little bit, and shred (I pull it apart). Set this aside. About a half-hour before serving, boil the pasta. In a small saucepan, melt butter, add garlic, whipping cream, pepper, parmesan cheese, and crumpled bacon. Whisk together on low heat for 3-4 minutes. In a large bowl, pour over cooked, drained pasta, add chicken and stir through. Sprinkle a little bit more shredded parmesan cheese on top.


No comments:

Post a Comment