6/25/09

Yummy Recipes!!!

Ok. So finally, here are some recipes that I have found. My friend told me about this website because of all of her free fonts, but when I visited her site I found something even better...wonderful and easy recipes! Not only does she give you these wonderful recipes, she also shows step by step pictures of each recipe. You have to visit this website: http://www.kevinandamanda.com/

Alfredo Tortellini
1 (8 ounce) pkg. cheese tortellini
1 C. of ham, diced (I have never tried it with ham, I always use it with chicken)
(8 oz.) Cream cheese
1 pkg. dry Italian dressing mix (I usually only put 1/2 a package in. I tried it with one whole
package and it was a little too strong for me.)
1 can cream of chicken soup
1/2 C. Milk
1/2 Stick of butter

Add tortellini to a large pot of boiling salted water and let cook for 8 to 10 minutes. Meanwhile, heat a skillet to medium heat. Add the cream cheese, butter, cream of chicken, Italian dressing mix, and milk and stir until smooth. Once smooth, add in the ham (or cooked chicken) and stir to coat. After the tortellini finishes boiling, drain, and then add to the cream sauce. Stir to evenly coat and serve warm. Enjoy!!!
We just made this last night, because it's so quick and easy. I didn't have anything planned and I had a meeting to get to. If you use chicken just season and cook your chicken and then cut it up. And then use the same skillet to make your cream sauce. Definitely try this recipe!!


Chicken Cordon Bleu
I have made this once and it was sooooo good! The sauce that goes on top is delicious! Mmmm...now I wish I had made this tonight! This is also from http://www.kevinandamanda.com/

1 lb. skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
3 slices Swiss Cheese
3 slices Ham
3 tbsp. all-purpose flour
1 tsp. paprika
6 tbsp. butter
1/2 C. Chicken Broth
1 tsp. Chicken bouillon granules

Cream Sauce
1 tbsp. Cornstarch
1 C. Heavy Whipping Cream

Place a cheese and ham slice on each breast within 1/2 inch of the edges. Fold the tenderloin flap of the chicken breast over the filling and secure with toothpicks. Mix the flour and paprika in a small bowl, and coat the chicken on all sides. Heat the butter in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Cook the chicken until browned on all sides. Add the broth and bouillon. Reduce heat to low, cover, and simmer for 15 minutes, until chicken is no longer pink and juices run clear. Remove the toothpicks, and transfer the breasts to a warm platter. Blend the cornstarch with the cream in a small bowl, and whisk slowly into the skillet. Cook, stirring until thickened, and pour over the chicken. Serve warm.


Roasted Carrots
I just made these on Sunday to go with a roast. This is a really simple side dish, but very tasty!

4 carrots per person, cut into about 1" pieces
3-4 Cups of liquid chicken or beef broth
Rosemary
Thyme

Preheat oven to 400. Place carrots in a glass baking dish and cover with liquid. Season with Rosemary and Thyme. Roast in the oven for at least 1 to 1 1/2 hours. Enjoy!!

2 comments:

  1. Sheena gave me the recipe for alfredo tortellini in June. I made it a few weeks ago. At first taste, I thought, 'this is just ok' but with each bite I liked it more and more. When we were finished eating, I didnt know if I would make it again but a few days later I found myself thinking about it and I think I am going to try it again! I know this sounds crazy--I will let yall know how we like it the second time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The alfredo tortellini is really good with ham. When I made it I bought 2 pieces of ham from my grocery store deli. Be sure to by the nicer ham which is actual ham and not the cheaper processed ham. I had them slice it thick. Then I was able to dice it; it turned out nicely.

    ReplyDelete