6/30/09

Shish-ka-bobs

Tonight for dinner we're having shish ka bobs. Mmmmm...I love these things. This is how our Mother always made hers, it's really easy and good.

Onions, cut into quarters
Bell Peppers- Cut into about 1" pieces
Cherry Tomatoes
Meat- I usually use the 'Beef for Stew' from the store, because it is already cut up in the right size pieces, but you can use any kind of steak you want.
Chicken- cut into pieces
Italian Dressing
Skewers- soak in water to prevent burning

I have tried this with Squash, Pineapple, Mushrooms, etc. You can put any veggies on that you want. Tonight we're just doing Chicken, Steak, Onions and bell peppers, my hubby doesn't really like all the other stuff. I used 3 onions and 3 bell peppers and about 3 lbs. of beef and a few pieces of chicken breasts.

So...Cut up all of your meat and veggies (You can cut them as big as you want, just make sure that they aren't too small or else they will break when you put them on the skewers.) Put your Meat in a ziploc bag, your chicken in another, your onions in another one, so on and so on. Onions Add the Italian Dressing to each bag (this is your marinade, I usually use about one bottle to each bag.) Let them marinate for a few hours in the fridge. (Most of the time I let them marinate over night, but I didn't this time.)

About an hour before you plan to eat get all of your veggies and meats out of the fridge. Now it's time to assemble the shish ka bobs. This is going to get a little messy, but it's worth it. Now all you have to do is slide each ingredient onto a skewer. I usually do it in a pattern, and someone once told me to always have an onion next to your meat. I don't really know if it makes a difference, but oh well.

After all of your shish ka bobs are assembled fire up the grill and cook them until done.

Enjoy!!

No comments:

Post a Comment