6/25/09

Banana Cookies

If you're sick of making banana bread with over ripe bananas try these. This came from my Mother-in-law.

3/4 C. Shortening
3/4 C. Brown Sugar
1 Egg
1 tsp. Vanilla
1/4 tsp. salt
1 tsp. soda
2 C. Flour
2 mashed over ripe bananas

Preheat oven to 350. Mix all ingredients together. Drop on a greased cookie sheet. Bake until light brown on the bottom

Now for the frosting!!

6 tbsp. brown sugar
4 tbsp. cream, evaporated milk or regular milk
4 tbsp. butter
Combine all ingredients into a saucepan. Bring to a boil. Remove from heat. Then add
1 tsp. vanilla
Add powdered sugar until it is spreading consistency

I have never made these but I have eaten them when Kathy makes them. They are really really good! Enjoy!
- Sorry I don't know how long to bake them or how many they make. I will have to test it out and see!

No comments:

Post a Comment